North American Nickel’s 100% owned Maniitsoq nickel-copper-cobalt-PGM project in southwest Greenland commenced exploration in June of this year.
- New guidebook describes opportunities in B.C. mining and exploration
The B.C. Centre of Training Excellence in Mining (CTEM) has just published (August 2014) the first edition of the BC Career Pathways Guidebook: Mining Careers.by Peter Caulfield
- B.C. aggregates producer builds new terminal in California
Polaris Minerals sets its sights on the expanding market in the Los Angeles area.by Peter Caulfield
- It’s not just scientists who discover dinosaurs
Royal Tyrell Museum works closely with industrial crews when they make thrilling prehistoric finds in Alberta.by Jessica Kirby
- Norseman Structures
Leading suppliers of fabric buildings and drilling rig enclosure systems to the oil, gas and mining industries
- North Arrow Minerals exploring for diamonds in Saskatchewan
Completes till sampling program at Pikoo projectby Peter Caulfield
Recent Mining Insider Articles
- AME BC President & CEO’s message from Gavin Dirom—July to September 2014
Gavin Dirom, AME BC President and CEO's message.
- Calgary Economic Development brings Calgary Be Part of the Energy™ campaign
Mayor of Calgary will speak to business and students about opportunities in Calgary.
- Nevsun Resources top BC’s list of fastest growing companies
The top 100 were ranked by percentage growth in revenue between 2009 and 2013.
- First uranium concentrate produced from ore mined at Cigar Lake
Cameco announced that the McClean Lake mill has started producing uranium concentrate from ore mined at the Cigar Lake operation in northern Saskatchewan.
- BC Hydro calls environmental approval of Site C “significant milestone”
BC Hydro responded yesterday to federal and provincial decisions to grant environmental approval to the Site C Clean Energy Project (Site C).