- Canadian government sets deadline for resource companies
Mandatory reporting standards for resource companies to be implemented, provinces to enact equivalent standards before April 1, 2015.
- Executive pay & corporate governance in the mining industry
Christopher Chen discusses executive compensation in the mining industry in an interview with BNN.
- First Nations sought as equity partners
The federal government and the First Nations Financial Management Board are seeking First Nations as equity partners in resource projects in British Columbia.by Tim Gardner
- K+S Potash Canada and AMEC sign long-term contract for Legacy Project
AMEC and K+S Potash Canada (KSPC) have signed a Design and Project Management contract for the Legacy Project.
- Veris Gold Corp. appoints Restructuring Special Committee
The appointment of a Restructuring Special Committee to investigate strategic alternatives and to plan the financial restructuring of Veris Gold Corp.
- Taseko donates to VGH’s new mental health facility
Taseko donates to VGH’s new mental health facility
- Active mines in British Columbia
These thriving operations keep B.C.'s mining industry buzzing with activity.by Karen Kornelsen
- Ritchie Bros. to sell more than 3,500 equipment items at first Canadian auction of 2014
The world's largest industrial auctioneer kicks off the 2014 Canadian auction season in Edmonton, AB on February 26 - 27
- Majors lead investment
Nunavut Chamber of Mines foresees continued economic growth in Canada’s north for 2014.by Jessica Kirby
- Saskatchewan approves $200 million metals processing plant
A metals processing plant has been conditionally approved to be built in the heart of the prairie province.