SaskPower will transform Boundary Dam Power Station into a reliable, long- term producer of clean baseload electricity.
- Merrick Mainline project a key link in proposed natural gas export
NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. to move ahead on the Merrick Mainline Pipeline project.by Jessica Kirby
- Geoscience BC hopes to stimulate exploration
Geoscience BC’s TREK Project in the northern Interior Plateau aims to promote activity in an underexplored but potentially mineral-rich region.by Tim Gardner
- Time to be proactive
Two legal experts say Canadian mining companies should seek more women for their boards before being required to do so.by Tim Gardner
- Danae Voormeij: Going for gold in the tropics
This Vancouver-based mineral explorer and educator is a champion of the new frontier in gold exploration.by Peter Caulfield
- Good timing for zinc
With the completion of the EA process in November 2013, Canadian Zinc is moving forward with its Prairie Creek Mine in the N.W.T., said COO Alan Taylor.by Jessica Kirby
Recent Mining Insider Articles
- Mining community’s Hooked on Miracles raises $400,000 for BC Children’s Hospital
More than $400,000 for BC Children's Hospital raised from June 19 to 23.
- Goldcorp announces doubling of $1 million gift to Special Olympics BC
Significant multi-year commitment ensures future growth of opportunities for athletes with intellectual disabilities
- Tool assembly has commenced for Nautilus Minerals’ underwater mining
Assembly of its third and final Seafloor Production Tool ("SPT"), the Auxiliary Cutter ("AC"), has recently commenced.
- AME BC responds to Aboriginal title judgment from Supreme Court of Canada
Aboriginal title over the land area as requested by the Tsilhqot’in Nation is granted.
- SunMine ground breaking takes place
Western Canada's largest solar powered development begins.