- Importance of resource sector can not be ignored says John Winter
John Winter, President and CEO of the BC Chamber of Commerce made a swing through the interior of BC.
- Walter Energy idles BC operations at Tumbler Ridge
Walter Energy will place its Wolverine mine on idle status effective immediately.
- Ritchie Bros. prepares for its largest Canadian auction of 2014
Unreserved auction in Edmonton, AB on April 23 - 25 features 5,350+ equipment items and counting
- College graduates first all-female haul truck class
Six women from both BC and Alberta successfully completed the Haul Truck Operator program on Friday, March 28.
- Teck Coal offers public consultation on Elk Valley Water Quality Plan
The Elk Valley Water Quality Plan includes three phases of public consultation.
- Mount Polley copper mine selects Wenco Fleet Management System
Wenco International Mining Systems Ltd to supply the Mount Polley mine with the Wenco Fleet Management System and Mobile Supervisor Terminals.
- Osisko Mining – Yamana Gold strike partnership
Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to Invest $550 Million.
- Veris Gold Corp. announces start up at Jerritt Canyon and Management Cease Trade Order
The Jerritt Canyon processing plant located in Elko County, Nevada has successfully undertaken its annual maintenance shut down.
- Taseko files second judicial review on New Prosperity
A second judicial review was applied for in respect to the recent New Prosperity Gold-Copper Mine Project decision.
- Azomite: a full-spectrum reclamation soil additive
Azomite, now available in Canada through ML Agri Products in B.C., is an economical soil additive that can speed up and improve reclamation land recovery.by Kristen Mitchell