Mining Insider by Keith Powell
Recent Mining Insider articles
- Teck announces subscription to Horizonte Minerals share placement
Teck has announced that it has subscribed for and acquired an additional 20,000,000 ordinary shares of Horizonte Minerals plc.
- Teck recognized for corporate citizenship and social responsibility
Teck Resources Limited (TSX: TCK.A and TCK.B, NYSE: TCK) ("Teck") was recognized as one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens.
- Teck and Shell exchange oil sands leases
Teck Resources Limited announced today an exchange of certain oil sands leases relating to Teck's Frontier oil sands project.
- Activists protest Clayoquot Sound mining plans
Clayoquot Action, a newly-formed group, has identified mining as one of the most serious threats to Clayoquot’s biocultural diversity.
- Westport launches a new product to serve the natural gas needs of the North American railroad market
The first tender to supply fuel to an adjacent natural-gas powered locomotive will be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- Ridley Terminals purchases artwork from northern artists
In the past two years Ridley Terminals Inc. (RTI) has spent $100,000 purchasing art pieces from northern BC artists.
- Chinese company acquires larger stake in Western Potash to boost Milestone project development
Chinese company acquires larger stake in Western Potash to boost Milestone project development
- Surrey Board of Trade supports Coal Transfer Facility at Fraser Surrey Docks
The Surrey Board of Trade supports the expanded development of the existing operation of the Fraser Surrey Docks Coal Transfer Facility.
- Information gaps stall Raven Coal mine approval
Too many gaps in the information provided on its application has prompted the BC Environmental Assessment Office (EAO) to stall giving the green light.
- Star Phoenix reports that potash is on growth cycle
Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. is entering a new era of growth, says its president and CEO, Bill Doyle.